IET Substation Technology Event Open to Virtual Delegates from Around the World
The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) today announces that its 2011 Substation Technology conference will run simultaneously as a virtual event so that delegates from all over the world can participate from their desks. Only the third of its kind run by the IET, the virtual event option is designed to allow a more global audience at the event by eliminating travel costs and problems with time out of the office.
Taking place on 26 and 27 October at IET Birmingham: Austin Court, the Substation Technology Conference will give physical and virtual delegates the opportunity to discuss the technology employed in ongoing substation projects. Designed to provide all the information needed on meeting the requirements of the modern power grid, the event will feature technical presentations and panel sessions featuring high-profile industry experts, covering the design, management and construction of modern and future substations.
Virtual event delegates will be able to fully participate in the conference, choosing to view and interact with the presentations they want in the format they choose. Virtual delegates will receive:
· Live access to all conference presentations, including Q&A sessions
· The opportunity to pose questions to speakers via the live chatroom
· Access to on-demand viewing of all presentations and speaker slides post-event
· 25% discount on standard registration fees
Sebastian Ives, Event Producer, IET Power Sector comments: “Substation technology is moving forward very quickly and is a complicated issue that many in the engineering and technology sectors need to know about. Current and future substation technology is also an area of global interest, and following the success of our previous virtual events, the virtual option will hopefully attract attendees from all over the world who would like to attend but cannot physically get here.”
Delegates can attend the two-day conference virtually at a cost of £499 for IET members, £524 for non-members and £134 for students/retired delegates. Further details and virtual event registration are available from www.theiet.org/substation.
For more information contact:
Notes to Editors:
· The IET is Europe’s largest professional body of engineers and technicians with over 150,000 members in 127 countries.
· The IET is a professional home for life for its members and supports them throughout their careers.
· For more information, visit www.theiet.org